We are an active church in Whickham which is about 6 miles south west of Newcastle upon Tyne. The church was built in 1980 and has been extended several times since then.
We have over 70 members and believe we have an important community role.
Life at Fellside is always busy with many midweek groups and different forms of worship.
We hope this website provides you with all you need to know. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you require more information. Alternatively, why not join us on a Sunday, we would be delighted to see you.
Loving Christ, Loving Life, Loving Whickham
Fellside Methodist Church is a community of believers who live their lives to the full, in service of Christ Jesus. We aim to love all as Christ loves us and serve Whickham to show Christ’s saving and sacrificial love.
Life as Fellside Methodist Church is:
• People who are committed to sharing God’s grace amongst all, and desperate to share God’s love so that Fellside Methodist church is a focal point for the people of Whickham.
• People who love each other and the people of Whickham, and the wider world.
• People who know that Scripture is the inspired word of God, relevant for today, communicated passionately and in a contemporary manner and is the thing that we live our lives by.
• A church full of worship and prayer, and the people have worship and prayer as their lifestyle, as individuals, small groups and together.
• A Commitment to regularly breaking bread together.
• Somewhere where people are welcomed as they are and can make friends.
• People who are committed to growing together as individuals.
• A place where discipleship is a core aim of the church and participation in small groups in an important part of this.
• People who know their strengths and gifts and are encouraged and supported to achieve their potential for God.
• People who are passionate about communicating God’s word, love and hope.
• A church that is part of God’s global church and is committed to supporting His church in all ways.
How is Fellside Methodist Church Structured?
Ministry and Service
1 Peter 4:10 ‘Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve other.’
Property / finance / catering / communications / prayer
Romans 12:5 ‘So in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.’
Carer network / welcome / overseas mission / prayer chain / prayer
Col 4:5 ‘Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.’
Outreach activity, including FEAT / alpha / prayer
Mark 12:30 ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’
Worship planning / music / prayer
Phil 2:5 ‘Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.’
Small groups / developing talent / some pastoral care / prayer
Children and Youth
Matt 19:14 Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.’
Young peoples church/ link with Scouts, brownies, guides, playgroups and local schools.